December 30, 2011

Little Elf, Little Elf, What do you SMELL? What do you EAT?

I'm doing two days in this post because I loaded all the pictures before I realized what I was doing! :)

We had lots of fun exploring our sense of SMELL today! We had secret things (cotton balls in a jar saturated with some oils) to SMELL and figure out what it was. They had so much fun! 

Our Little Elf Books turned out great too!!
Little Elf, Little Elf, What do you smell?
Somethin's in the oven, but I won't tell!


We then explored our sense of TASTE. (These 5 Senses SURE are fun!!!)
We had a "tasting party" and discovered that our tongues help us taste different tastes: Sweet, Salty, Sour, and Bitter. 
 I loved their faces when they tasted the SOUR LEMON!
 SO SOUR!!

 No, that's not the universal sign for choking.... she is trying to swallow the sour taste in her mouth!!
Not impressed!
 Quick! Find something SWEET!!!
 Afternoon Sour Faces!
 Thank heavens for that sweet orange to chase the sour lemon down!
 I just realized I never took a photo of their Little Elf Books on the TASTING DAY!!! YIKES!! They turned out really cute! 

Little Elf, Little Elf, What do you eat?
Candy Canes so crunchy and sweet!

Thanks Little Elf, for helping us learn all about our 5 SENSES!!
So fun!!