November 1, 2011

"Teacher, I'm Not allowed to use Nail Polish."

"N the Naughty Newt Painted his Name Numerous times on the Nursery wall with Neon Nail polish!"

We had a BLAST learning about the letter N!
I told them about "N the Naughty Newt" and brought out some nail polish of our own to paint and instantly their faces grew dim. One student says, "Teacher, I'm not allowed to use Nail Polish!" 

Sometimes we get to do things in preschool that are off-limits at home!

  They were all SO CAREFUL not to spill! They were pretty sure they were getting away with MURDER!!


Oh how we love SHOW AND TELL!! The kids get so excited to share their show and tell! At the beginning of the school year, they were quite shy in front of their peers, but now they are displaying a confidence that is SO exciting for me to watch! We have had some pretty clever ideas!

Here's some examples of SHOW AND TELL for Letter N:
 Nickels
 Nail
 Nuts
 National Symbol from New York
 Nose

I recently read an article written by Laurie Patsalides that was titled 
The Case for Classroom Show and Tell

I love her list of benefits of having Show and Tell in the classroom. I couldn't agree more! 
They are:
  • Learn to speak and listen
  • learn how to be an audience and introduce themselves
  • Learn to make connections between student responses
  • anticipate and observe
  • practice critical reasoning skills 
  • Practice storytelling
  • Learn same and different
  • Use vocabulary
  • Use descriptive language
  • Increase confidence